Thursday, September 3, 2009

This semester may be the busiest yet...

Let's do the math...

- If I sleep 8 hours a night for 7 days a week (56 hours)
- If I drive on average 1 hour and 45 minutes a day for 7 days a week (12.25 hours)
- If I spend 1 hour each morning to get ready every day of the week (7 hours)
- If I attend class each week (8 hours)
- If I intern at Parkland 4 hours a day for 5 days a week (20 hours)
- If I allot about 1 and 1/2 hours to eat every day of the week (10.5 hours)
- If I read the assigned readings for my classes each week (13 hours)
- If I work in the research lab each week (10-20 hours)
- If I attend church events each week (6 hours)
- If I have 45 minutes of "Caryn Time" each day for 7 days a week (5.25 hours)
- If I visit my sister, niece, and brother-in-law each week (5 hours)

...then I have an average of 158 hours of my week accounted for, which means... I have 10 hours each week to buy groceries, run to the bank, visit the library, play Settlers of Catan with my friends, sleep, blog, read, play the piano, clean, or go on a very short road-trip. Hmm.... it is a good thing I don't do all of the assigned readings and that my professor cancels class- I just gained 6 hours this week!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like the road to burnout to me. Thankfully, this is a rather short journey. Will next semester be easier???

Caryn said...

I surely hope so! We shall see!

Anonymous said...

Hi Caryn!
I just wanted to let you know I have thought about you quite a bit this week - I hope you have a wonderful weekend! You are very special to us!
Love,
Gayle F.

Caryn said...

Thanks, Gayle! I love you all so much and hope that the craziness has settled down a little bit for your dear family!