Monday, September 7, 2009

My dear sister

As my wise mother predicted, my schedule has indeed led to burn-out. It's a holiday and yet I'm still thoroughly exhausted and dreading the days and weeks and months before me. So, in my dreary state, I headed over to my sister's house for some matte chai, chocolate cake, and a hug. My entire college career (with the exception of last year) my sister has been readily available to soothe my spirit with a warm cup of tea and her encouraging presence. She is the perfect medicine for a homesick heart and weary body. Ruby Grace has quickly learned the comforting ways of her loving mother with her contagious giggles and snuggly self. (Thank You, God, for nurse Amber!)

3 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Nurse Amber is a DEAR sister. Sisterly love is such a blessing, and you sisters truly have it. I'm glad that you live close enough to enjoy each other's company often. I fear that Anne has missed her real sisters lately. As one who also knows the blessing of sisterly love, it brings me great joy to be a mom and witness the closeness that you share. I love our family!

Caryn said...

I love our family, too! Thanks for cultivating such a loving home, Mom! I can't wait to come home... soon!