Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One of those mornings...

This morning I awoke with a migraine. Great. Probably because I have two tests this week... two WRITTEN tests this week. But, I can't let a "measly" headache get in the way of my productivity- I have places to go, things to do, patients to see... I have work to do and lecture notes to study.

So, I got ready early this morning and left for Parkland. Traffic. Bad traffic. Actually, when I finally creeped my way to my exit, the road I was intending to take was closed. Too bad I didn't know that one mile/20 minutes ago! Needless to say... I was late. Drat.

Eventually, one-detour-after-another, I did make it to Parkland. But, I still didn't feel well. I managed to endure the throbbing pain and nausea throughout my first 3 hour-long therapy sessions with only a few temple rubs. However, during the last session the pain was growing more intense. I calmly excused myself from the therapy room in search of my supervisor to ask her to take over for me, but she had left the office to meet another patient, so I returned to my patient. After glancing at the clock and seeing that I only had 15 minutes left, I decided that surely I could finish this hour with my patient. Well, that wasn't the case. I continued teaching a word-finding strategy when I felt the urgent need to excuse myself from the room so I could vomit. And that is when my supervisor walked in...seeing me leaning over a trashcan. Oh bother.

It was just one of those mornings.

(I'm hoping for a better one tomorrow!)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm sorry, but headaches do NOT fit into your schedule, and are no longer allowed. ugh. Sorry that you weren't feeling well.

Caryn said...

So, true. I don't have time to get sick! (But I'm better now!)