Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Truly Productive Week!

This was my last week before my last semester in my ungraduate college career, and it was quite eventful! I was so busy, that I was unable to blog until now! On Sunday, Dad hired me to sell his books online and I have already sold seven books and made $100! Monday I started my biggest project... a quilt! All of my life I have had a desire to quilt, and my amazing grandmother (Happy) has helped me fulfill this goal! We worked hours upon hours this week to creat a gorgeous pink, red, lilac, and cream Valentine quilt! It's absolutely lovely! Thanks Happy for all of your work and patience in teaching me to do this fabulous hobby of yours (and mine now)! The top is completed (stay tuned for a picture), so now we need to make it fluffy and put a back on it! Thursday I got a job... a real job... as a real speech therapist!! Kenley has hired me as a substitute speech-language pathologist to work a couple of days a week with their learning disabled students. Woohoo! It will be a great opportunity for this very inexperienced senior studying Speech-language Pathology. Friday my Dad and I bought parts for my new car (Amber's wrecked one from the deer). Today, with the help of my burly father and buff brothers (Kevin and Geoff), I will become an owner of an upright piano from the turn of the century! Wowee! My apartment neighbors may not appreciate this new piece of furniture... or... maybe they'll enjoy having such an accomplished and talented (ha ha!) musician living near them. The truth is, I have short and stubby fingers that can dink out a tune as well as a duck could with its webbed feet! Perhaps all of the typing I've done in college has made my fingers stronger and more flexible! :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Your fingers will be plunking tunes in no time. I'm excited for you, and expect you to learn how to play in no time. Anyone who can learn how to juggle as easily and quickly as you, can learn how to dink out a melody on the piano. You're gonna love it!!
So, will your new students be calling you Ms. Carroll? hmm... me too! Welcome aboard.
Your quilt is gorgemous!
What am I going to do when you leave to go back to school??!
Boo-hoo, that's what!!

Anonymous said...

What a great week for me too. To share my favorite hobby with one of my favorite people - what a deal!! Your quilt is so beautiful and well made. I am so proud of you. Next week you will also be a maestro. You can do it!!
Love you,

Anonymous said...

Caryn, You have accomplished so much this week! I'm so proud of you. Your quilt is beautiful, you get to teach and play music! All in one week! Amazing! Love, Aunt Karen