Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Redeemed Babysitter

Last week I babysat for a precious family while the parents went to see a movie. Throughout the evening my nagging headache of two days compounded resulting in nausea. After the children went to bed, the aches in my head and stomach collaborated to make me vomit...which awoke the young ones and prompted them to call their parents. So, they left the theater before the movie ended (I caused them to miss the last ten minutes!), and came home to a house of awake children (it was far passed their bedtime- oops). Still feeling lousy and dizzy, they offered to drive me home which involved loading the sleepy children in the van which Scott drove, and Gayle driving my truck very full of random objects (from the newly cleaned garage) and very empty of gasoline. My truck chugged along and jerked... my stomach did the same... but I made it home safely. It was quite an ordeal and very embarrassing. I felt like a huge failure as a babysitter. But, this wonderful family gave me a chance to redeem myself this week with another babysitting job. This time was much better!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I wonder if they will ever see the end of the movie.

Tammy M. said...

Bleck on the sickness. So glad that you were taken care of! Scott and Gayle are so sweet.

Unknown said...

You stole MY kids!!!

Jennifer Nieland said...

Actually those were MY kids until I told them about Caryn one day when I wasn't available... and the last time I babysat them Joshua threw up on himself, me, the bed, and anything in projectile range in his bedroom while reading a bedtime story... So he owed a babysitter one!!

Jonathan (V) said...

so I think that's the funniest babysitting story I've ever heard! You've really got me laughing over here!