Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The holiday is over...

... so today I had to get out from under my five blankets to get ready for class in my frigid apartment. My truck is an icebox on wheels in freezing weather. Because my vehicle's defrost feature is a little lacking, I not only had to scrape the ice off of my windshield when I first left for school, but I had to pull over and scrape the newly acquired ice off after driving 1/2 a mile (which is half the distance from my apartment to campus). I offered someone a ride, and then thought, why in the world would someone want a ride when I'm driving with only a small circle (with about a 6 inch diameter) to see through, the windows are rolled down (for vision purposes), and the temperature in my truck is 10 degrees colder than the temperature outside?

Just in case you were wondering... my holiday was great! I had to work at 5:00am, but then I made cookies (which warmed up my apartment and my soul), practiced my piano, played Catan, did homework, prepared for my lesson at Kenley, watched Jonah (the Veggie Tales movie), and juggled. It was a nice, relaxing holiday, and boy, do I love holidays!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish you and Kelli would come HERE to play Catan! It sounds like you may need to bring the expansion set with you... ;)

Caryn said...

Amber. March 16. Catan. Be there. It's a date.