Thursday, August 16, 2007

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggidy Jig

After just a few hours of sleep, a missed flight, a comfort-cup of icecream, and a long day in airports, Jana and I made it home! It is so nice to be picked up on time by people you love so dearly! I'm glad to be back home, but I will definitely miss Guatemala.
Things that I will miss about Guatemala:
1. Leche Chai from Cafe Portal, served by our friend Carlos.

2. My babies at the hospital. Oh, I love them so much!

3. Magaly, my patient teacher whom I love.

4. A great exchange rate (7.7 Quetzales for every dollar)

5. Mountains and volcanoes all around

6. Reading in Central Park
Things that I love about home:


1. Bathrooms- soft toilet paper, automatic bathrooms, being able to throw tp in the toilet

2. Fitting into the crowd (and not being the only red head in a country of dark skin, dark hair people)

3. English- I can understand what people are saying!

4. Guys opening doors for you, and not just staring or saying crude things

5. My Chi hair straightener

6. The Texas skies

2 comments:

kentbrantly said...

welcome home.

Lisa said...

Ahhhh, the Texas skies! They've been glorious this week!!
Ahhh, the Texas sounds...and smells. There's no place like home. (click, click) There's no place like home.