Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Beautiful Gift from God

On Wednesday night, right after dinner, our family beckoned us all to the roof of the house to see Volcan Fuego erupt! It was amazing! Never, not even once, did I ever believe that I would get to see such a sight as lava exploding from a volcano! There is no way to express the awe I felt. How can someone put into words such a thrilling performance?
“We were created to love beauty. We love beauty because God loves beauty.” (Ted Dekker, author of Black) God’s beauty is endless. The beauty of the volcano was like nothing I’ve ever seen or experienced before. It was such a gift! It was “something that brought pleasure, like all of God’s gifts.” (Ted Dekker) I’m so blessed! I’m blessed, not just to have seen the eruption, but to be a daughter of such a beautiful, loving, and giving God.

Thank you, Jordan, for these great pictures!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

WOW! That's amazing! Glad you got to see that!

Lisa said...

Cool pics Caryn!
Nearly as cool as seeing you in bed this morning, sleeping next to your little sis! So glad to have you home!!!