Monday, July 23, 2007

Shuko (slang for dirty man; aka. "creeper")

From the very first moment Jana and I stepped foot on Guatemalan soil, we have drawn attention from the male species. I am tired of being whistled at (like a dog). I am sick of being grunted for (like a cave man). I have had enough of comments like, “Do you want to go to the dance with me tonight?” or “Hey, sexy ladies”. I’m disgusted every time a guy passes by and stares (4/5 of the guys we encounter stare us down or say something crude). I don't like having guys whisper in my ear as they pass! Seriously, do they think this is flattering? We are not animals, we are human beings! We deserve better than this! I hate it! Where is their dignity? Even males who are driving will watch us until we’re out of sight! It doesn’t even matter how old they are, or how young! Shukos! God created females to be more than just an object of lust. “Thank You, God, for protecting us from harm.”

No comments: