Monday, July 23, 2007

Climbing Mount Doom






The fellowship was on a mission to destroy the Ring in the flames of Mount Doom. We climbed, and climbed. We fought the orks in our path, and we continued our journey on Mount Doom. We forgot the taste of food, we did not remember the green grass, or the trees of home, we did not remember real life. We had much difficulty destroying the Ring. Smeagol fought us, we fought ourselves; but we made it. The Ring was destroyed, evil was overcome, and we made it safely back to the shire.

Really, Jana, Angela, and I climbed an active volcano, named Pacaya. It was a long and strenuous journey like Frodo’s. The scenery was gorgeous! We did have large obstacles, but we made it! We saw real flowing lava, we felt the heat of the lava below us. And I felt very prepared having seen the Man vs. Wild show on volcanoes! I knew exactly what to do if I got lost or stranded! I even protected my hands by wearing socks! :)


This is a video of the flowing lava. (It is my first attempt at creating a video on my camera- so please excuse how absurd it may seem.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.