Monday, July 14, 2008

A Week of Play!

I love my life! All I do is play, play, play! This past week two of my friends who were counselors at LCCC came to visit me and our other mutual friend. The four of us ran around Six Flags and enjoyed every ride twice because there were no queues. Actually, I had not been to Six Flags since I was in the single-digit years of my life, so I was a bit nervous at first! My uneasiness quickly disappeared as I discovered that I REALLY like roller coasters! Who knew!? That evening we played Settlers of Catan (the complicated Cities and Knights expanded version) until about two in the morning!

Everyone awoke from the exhausting slumber party at 10am to enjoy breakfast over another game of Catan! They taught me how to play 42 that evening, which, by the way, is a great game! 42 was the "adult game" every year at Hunt, so I felt very grown-up to be playing this game. We, then, of course played Catan and fell asleep around 2:00am.

Waking up the next morning was a little bit more difficult, but we managed! We celebrated our friend's birthday in downtown Fort Worth, with dinner, a live band, and a wee bit of dancing. Then we returned to my lovely apartment for more Cities and Knights of Catan and a movie. The birthday celebration ended at 6:00 the next morning- yikes! Six hours later we began our final day. Within the hour, all of my friends had abandoned the Carroll Hotel and were off to get back to the real world.

How grateful I am that this "real world" has not yet become my world. I love my life!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Heard you got a job tonight. Welcome to the real world, Caryn. Glad you had so much fun last week though. What fun friends you have!! You seem to be a pretty eclectic group.

Karen said...

It was great talking to you this morning. Your life sounds like so much fun! It sounds like your real world is going to be fun too. Enjoy your new job for the next couple of days and have fun on your trip! Love, Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Which job? Tell me about your trip! Good times for you! Yeah!
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I can tell you are missing the folks back in Abilene.---
It sounds like you are having a great time in the cities. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. "Kick up your heels" before school takes over. Tell Amber 'Hi'.
Love always, Happy

Kelli said...

Oh, I'm totally up for another hike with you! How was Indianapolis?