Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Look! I'm dancing!"

As quickly as my ears hear the sound of music my body longs to dance, and my heart wishes that it actually could! After years of dreaming that I could dance, I finally did! Last night a couple of friends and I enjoyed an evening of fun at a dance club. I was given a 30 minute crash course on Swing Dancing and then boldly stepped onto the dance floor! The crunching of my partners' toes, the embarrassed laughter, and the apologetic expressions made it quite evident that this was my first time swing dancing, but I anticipate mastering these dance moves through many more visits to the dance floor! The evening ended with a waltz around the room, and of course, I knew how to waltz! Barbara Streisand taught me in her movie "Hello, Dolly!" This particular movie, by the way, played a huge role in PIXAR's newest movie, Wall-E, which made me very happy!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Swing dancing!!! What fun!! You go, girl!

Lisa said...

I loved the "Hello Dolly" touch in "Wall-E." Cute movie; the first part especially made me laugh.

Kelli said...

Sweet! Sounds like fun! I'd be crunching some toes, too, but it would still be too fun to pass up!

How are things in Dallas otherwise? We should give each other a call one of these days...

Unknown said...

What?! I HAVE to see it then! That was my ultimate FAVE growing up! I still sing all the songs.

Karen said...

I know what you mean about the body wanting to dance as soon as it hears music. I have to really control myself even at church, sometimes! You are so lucky to have such a neat place to go and learn to dance. I can't wait to see "Wall-E". It looks so cute and of course, if Hello Dolly is part of the inspiration-woohoo! Love, Aunt Karen

Lisa said...

So, Caryn, what else is new??