Monday, September 17, 2007

New Interest

Almost a year ago, I witnessed a dazzling performance of Sleeping Beauty as a ballet at the Paramount Theater. Since then, I have had a fervent desire to become a ballerina. I don't care about becoming very good, I just want to try it! I would like to be able to flutter around my room gracefully.


My first attempts have definitely been influenced by my Kajukembo "skills". My arabesque ended up being a lethal back kick! So, I decided that I may need help. I went to the library to check out the video "Ballet 101". Because I am alone in the lobby of Smadams for the first hour of my 5:00-9:00 am shift, that time has become the most ideal for me to attempt this new interest of mine.


I am thoroughly enjoying ballet, and maybe, if my legs ever straddle more than a 90 degree angle, I will consider joining a class!(This is me doing an arabesque!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Caryn, you're too precious. Did you happen to read my blog of my miserable failure at dance? I wish you luck! Join the class anyway!

Caryn said...

We're such sisters! Attempting dance at the same time in life! Who knew?

Tammy M. said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I didn't know you had a blog. yea!

Jennifer Nieland said...

Caryn, if I were in Abilene we could dance together and laugh at our nerdy-ness. In all the musicals that I was in, all of the group/company dance scenes, the instructor ALWAYS put me in the back corner... almost off-stage... so that no one could see me... haha