Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sweet Surprises!

I love sweet surprises! Today, after having pleasant conversation with a friend, I walked up to the Starbucks counter in the library to say "hi" to one of the workers. While conversing, I observed him with a watering mouth as he combined the tasty ingredients into one delicious substance. He then asked me if I wanted anything, and I confessed that I neglected to bring my money. Regardless of that fact, he took my order. A few minutes later, I enjoyed a scrumptious honey-nut steamer with a bright smiling face and a boosted spirit!

The other day, I was stranded at a convenient store. After filling up my tank of gas, the machine rejected my debit card and demanded cash. Well... I didn't have cash, I had a debit card! Because of my slightly emotional tendencies and my stressful day, I started tearing up and counting pennies. I had $13, some coins, and some Guatemalan currency. The man behind me noticed my dilemma and my distraught state, and he kindly asked how much I needed. Without hesitating a second, he gave me more than was necessary. After several "thank you so much-es", his only request was that I do the same for someone else sometime.

My sister has given me a cute sewing box, my friend has treated me to the Olive Garden, another friend brought me a massive package of M&Ms, another sister wrote me a sweet note, and my uncle helped me fill up my tire with air! There are so many small things that light up my life.

3 comments:

Tammy M. said...

What a blessed week!

Caryn said...

Amen to that!

Geoff said...

You're so precious, Caryn. Keep it up!