Monday, February 22, 2010

Aunt-hood!

I absolutely LOVE being an aunt! Eleven months ago my dear sister had a baby girl in Indianapolis. About nine months ago, my sister, brother-in-law, and niece moved to Texas where I welcomed them with wide-open arms! Their move has allowed me to enjoy weekly visits with Ruby (as well as tea-time with her beautiful mother, and occasional gaming with her dad).

What I love about being an aunt:
-Having dozens of pictures of my niece saved on my phone so I'm always ready to show off my niece to friends at work and church.
-Having a picture of my perfect niece as my background image on my laptop so my friends can gawk and ooh-ahh at her in the middle of a lecture!
-Spending Friday nights as the babysitter and having prime-time with Ruby!
-Occasionally getting to tuck her in for her nap or for bed and having her snuggle her sweet head on my shoulder!
-Teaching her silly songs like "Pants on the Ground" and making her laugh so hard!
-Teaching her sweet songs like "A- You're Adorable" which make her smile so big!
-Showing her how to lindy-hop and waltz... and once again, making her laugh!
-Demonstrating how to roll over and witnessing her first success at this milestone.
-Feeding her sweet potatoes and making funny faces and noises like Elastigirl from "The Incredibles"
-Witnessing her first successful placement of her sweet baby hands to sign for "more".
-Being so familiar to her that she prefers me to other people in the room (except her parents, of course)
-Having a precious niece cry out and whimper when I leave her sight! Ah! I love it!
-Being absolutely ridiculous and uninhibited to encourage a laugh or smile!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And she loves you, too. So. So. Much!

Anonymous said...

And so do I! Caryn...you express yourself so well. Aunt-hood certainly becomes you. I got teary at the signing thing. Headed to LTC this wknd thinking of teary times watching you sign songs!
Sheila