Thursday, September 18, 2008

One-Tripper

There are some people in this world who have the patience and time to take several trips to-and-from their car after they go to the grocery store. I am not one of these people. I am a one-tripper. However, I have decided that this is ridiculous! Yesterday I found myself carrying my bookbag (with my laptop, two notebooks, five spirals, and a huge textbook), my purse, my waterbottle, a new houseplant, and 12 grocery bags full of food to my apartment door from my car. This was an exhausting five feet walk, and when I got to my apartment, I couldn't raise my arm high enough to unlock my door. It is so sad that I am so lazy (or so busy) that I can't allow myself to take 2, 3, or even 4 trips. And today my arms are sore... hmm. Perhaps it is time to rethink my life a little bit.

7 comments:

Jennifer Nieland said...

Caryn, I too, am a one-tripper. I have even caught myself considering if Zane will be home when I am done grocery shopping or not. If not, I will think to myself, do we really NEED toilet paper... it takes a bag by itself... and other ridiculous thoughts such as that. It is so silly, because at times I have actually bought less so that I can carry things all in one trip, thus creating a need to go to the store again in a day or two. So, I take one trip from the car, but two trips to the store.... yes, it is that sad.

Anonymous said...

I know where this trait came from. --This way, you have more time to do the things you want to do.

Unknown said...

Me too, sis.

Lisa said...

I just honk the horn. Everyone is so excited that I finally bought groceries, they come running.

Karen said...

I am a one tripper, too. It must be genetic! So...eat out! Love, Aunt Karen

Lisa said...

THAT is genetic too, Karen. ;)

Lisa said...

So...why do I have little trash cans by my comments? I'm glad I'm not paranoid. ;)