Saturday, May 3, 2008

Roommate

My pleasant afternoon was interrupted by a disappointing phone call yesterday. A wonderful girl, and my potential roommate in Dallas, informed me that we would not be able to room together. The news was disheartening, and the hope of finding a new roommate was dim.

Today I left our Saturday morning coffee to attend a waffle breakfast with some friends. Katie was among the 40-or-so college students there. We became acquainted with each other while we were still in high school and volunteered at Big Brothers/ Big Sisters, and she was also my neighbor in Gardner Hall. After short discussion, we realized that we were both moving to Dallas and in need of a roommate. The Callier Center, which is where my classes and clinical practicum will take place, is actually on the campus which Katie will be attending. She had just put a down payment for a one bedroom apartment, but upon finding me, she called the apartment complex and discovered that a two bedroom apartment was available.

I must admit, I had my doubts that I would be able to find a roommate in the short amount of time before I leave for the big city. God definitely helped me out with this uncomfortable matter. He provided a good, studious girl and a first-floor apartment (for my piano) within twenty-four hours! I am overwhelmed by God's goodness in this situation!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hoorah!!! I'm so glad for you Carina! I hope there's room for a visitor... ;)

Anonymous said...

Yea, Caryn!!! I am so pleased this worked out for you.

Karen said...

Congratulations, Caryn I am so excited for you! Love, Aunt Karen