Monday, March 24, 2008

California Highlights!

Holidays are so great! Mom, Happy, Kelli, and I spent Spring Break in California to visit mi hermana Amber Joy! The scenery was lovely- bright green hills, white blossom trees, sun reflections in the blue ocean! We walked up and down and up and down and up and down the hills of San Francisco to see the Fisherman's Wharf and the sea lions basking in the sun. Sea lions sure are funny looking- God is definitely creative! We indulged in delicious chocolate sundaes from Ghirardelli Square, danced with the ballerinas and ballroom dancers in the art galleries, wandered through the gorgeous redwood forest, sailed past the sharks to Alcatraz prison, climbed and conquered Mount Diablo, strolled through the Japanese Tea Garden (four times), tasted expensive red wine in Napa Valley, and settled on the island of Catan every evening! Thanks, Amber, for all of these lovely adventures!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude! You make my life sound so exciting! When are you coming again?!

Lisa said...

Well said, Caryn Danae. And I thank you too, Amber. What a great week we had!!! Of all the lovely scenery though, I think the best part was sharing life with some pretty fabulous people.
Amber, I went to Target yesterday and bought the DVD of Enchanted. Donnie couldn't believe it!!

Jennifer Nieland said...

Caryn it sounds like y'all had so much fun!! I am so jealous! How have you been?

Unknown said...

I want to watch Enchanted!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a wonderful trip. Amber, thanks from me, too. This was a great vacation. I just E-bayed for the game of Carcassonne. Now I need some competition.

Karen said...

Life in California sounds pretty wonderful. I'm so glad a good time was had by all. The Redwoods? How cool! I want to see Enchanted! It sounds like my kind of movie!Love, Aunt Karen

Karen said...

It really is not 3:48a.m.!

Caryn said...

I want to see Enchanted, too! And play Carcassonne! Both of those things are on my Birthday wish list! ;)

Kelli said...

Hey - could we have an "Enchanted" evening or something? After listening to the soundtrack a billion times in the car, I want to see the action that goes with it. (I keep waking up with "How do you know that he loves you?" stuck on repeat in my head and it's driving me nuts.)

Lisa said...

Actually, Kelli, I think we only listened to it twice, but we sang it a billion times. ;)
Caryn, birthday requests - noted.