Monday, February 25, 2008

TSHA Convention

After picking Jon up from the airport with my parents on Wednesday (welcome home, Jon!), I left Thursday morning to go to San Antonio for the Texas Speech-Language Hearing Association convention. Along with twenty-five other ACU students, I roamed a massive room full of booths giving away free candy, pens (and other cool toys) and attended lectures on phonological disorders, apraxia of speech, etc. This is a great opportunity for me, as a student, to see numerous possibilities for my future career as a speech-language pathologist, make connections, find scholarship programs, and get a lifetime supply of pens.Saturday, after the convention ended and after I grabbed a second or third pen from every booth, two girls and I decided to check out the Alamo. The last time I visited this historical building I thought it was massive- that's how long ago it was since I had seen the Alamo! By coincidence, we decided to go to the Alamo on February 23, which is the date that the siege started in 1836! There were people all dressed up, gun shots, and a reenactment! These two precious girls were who I stayed with, rode with, ate with, and spent the majority of my time with over this long weekend.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Wasn't it fun to get out of town and see new things? I'm excited about your new career venture? Isn't the Alamo a great place, even though it isn't very big? Imagine all that went on there! Glad you had a good time! Love, Aunt Karen

Unknown said...

You know, Sis... We hear this all the time... But you kinda look like me. ;)

Lisa said...

To me, the strangest thing about visiting the Alamo is not its size but its location - right smack down in the middle of town, connected to a mall. What is wrong with that picture?!

Lisa said...

Isn't it fascinating to think of people fighting in that little bitty fort?

Kelli said...

Funny - I was thinking the same thing, "Caryn looks so much like Amber."

Caryn said...

I like looking just like my beautiful sister! :)