Friday, June 29, 2007

Birthday Blessings

After being a teenager for a gazillion years, I finally reached 20 years last Tuesday! It was anticlimactic for a birthday- Mom and Dad went to work, Keith was out with his friends, and I chilled with the little guys. However, my birthday was filled with simple pleasures that warmed my heart.

1. Mom and Anne gave me a "Happy Birthday" as soon as I awoke, and Dad called me to wish me the same just a few minutes following. I love how my family wishes "Happy Birthday" at every single encounter with me all day long!
2. I received an encouraging email concerning my Assistant Director interview (they like me!).
3. I mutilated Anne and Kevin in two games of Risk.
4. I enjoyed a pleasant Cracker-Barrel lunch with my good friend Nathan.
5. My dear brother, Jon, came over to give me a very special birthday present!
6. My darling sister, Amber, took me to get a sno-cone and give me another great gift!
7. Susan, the precious sno-cone maker, gave me a sno-cone for my birthday!
8. The last night of Avalanch Ranch went super well.
9. Anne gave me a huge bundle of bracelets and anklets that she made for me!
10. And the stormy sky was just gorgeous!

Isn't life fun?! I haven't even had my Birthday party yet, which means more exhilarating times await me!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad that your busy birthday was a good one. Let's party!!

Lisa said...

This is a good idea for a blog! Life's Simple Pleasures. I remember keeping a book by my bed (when you were younger) in which I wrote my daily blessings. It's good to dwell on the good. I look forward to reading your blog often. You DO plan to write, don't you?

Geoff said...

My dear sister, Caryn. Congrats on entering the blog world;-) Your present will be with the CMC when they return from hiking!

I love you!